- Increase conversion rate above benchmark
- Increase revenue from seasonal sneaker full-price sales
- Increase customer engagement on the FARFETCH platform
- Increase customer confidence to purchase
- Incorporate VTO capabilities across the platform on the customer-facing touch points.
- Put the VTO label on the listing page to create more engagement with the virtual try-on on the product detail page.
"AR and Virtual Try-On is a transformational opportunity for the luxury sector, bridging the gap between physical and digital, evolving e-commerce from 2D flat into 3D immersive and personalized.
At FARFETCH, we have seen great results across the shopping funnel with outstanding feature adoption, product engagement, and significantly higher sales for Virtual Try-On-enabled products."
Head of Open Innovation at FARFETCH
An ongoing experiment started on April 19, 2022
- +32% engagement (VTO products vs standard listings)
- 19% CTR for products with the Try On label
- +5% add to bag (from VTO products vs standard)
- From an awareness standpoint, AR virtual try-on functionality drove an increase in visits by +47%, add to bag visits by +22%, and add to wish list visits by +81% vs similar products (watches) with a similar price point that did not have the AR virtual try-on function turned on.
- From a conversion standpoint, 10% of the clients that engaged with the AR virtual try-on added the selected item to the bag over the sampled period of 14 weeks.
Sneakers virtual try-on (VTO)
Measured over a 14-week period¹
¹ The virtual try-on feature was not subject to ab testing and the sample for this analysis is small so all the evidence shown in this case study should be interpreted as trends and not statistically proven results.